How do you attract the right clients to your business?
You know, the ones you actually want to work with!
Here’s a proven framework that will get the right clients to your business on a consistent basis.
1. Know your ideal client - To create effective content you need to know who you’re trying to attract to your business. The clearer your ideal client is, the more effective your marketing.
2. Understand their pain - This isn’t about you. Your content needs to be about their challenges and how your solution can help them. What are they most concerned about? What keeps them awake at night? What are they striving to achieve? What’s been holding them back? What have they tried before that hasn’t worked?
3. Be clear on the value you add - Your products or services likely have many benefits. Not all will be relevant or important to your target audience. Focus on those that provide the specific solution for your audience’s needs.
4. Position yourself as the answer - Your content is there to position you as the solution to their problem. Show them that what you do is the best or only way to achieve their goals.
5. Go to where they live - What forums, groups, and social media do they use? What publications and websites do they visit for information and advice? Find out where they live then plan how you’ll contact them.
6. Test your comms - Don’t assume your preferred method of communicating is best for your audience. Test different channels, content and messaging. Publish content, measure the results, evolve. It’s the only way to know what works.
7. Personalisation is non-negotiable - Generic communication isn’t gonna cut it anymore. You need to communicate on a personal level about the challenges your audience is facing.
8. Have a call to action - Tell your audience what you want them to do after your communication. Should they email or phone you? Fill out an online form? Or is there some other action you want them to take? Don’t assume people will know.
9. What’s your follow up plan? - It’s unlikely you’ll land your ideal client from the first contact. A small percentage may be ready to buy now. But don’t build your business on this. Expect that you’ll need to communicate multiple times using a variety of methods and channels... So you need to plan for this.
10. Don’t overcomplicate things - You don’t need a complicated marketing funnel. Keep things simple and refine as you go.
This is a simple and effective framework for attracting more of the right clients to your business.
If you’d like to know more about how to implement this or how I work with clients, feel free to DM me.
Rule 8 Consulting helps B2B companies generate profit and growth by consistently delivering targeted, valuable, and irresistible content that gets them more customers, at less cost, with less work.
To find out more about our programmes and how we work with clients, contact me on 07488 279952 or at email@example.com
Tagged as: Attracting Clients
Share this post: